As we all grapple with how to contain and respond to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Unqork team has been hard at work with the cities of New York and Washington, D.C. building applications helping communities operate during this unprecedented crisis.
As a result of these efforts, New York and Washington, D.C. have delivered over 2 million meals to those in need, accepted donations of essential medical supplies, and allowed residents to self-report how they are impacted by Covid-19.
"The Support Hub allows us to deliver food, personal hygiene products, and other essentials to those in need. By working together, we will flatten the curve and keep our residents safe."
- Muriel Bowser, Mayor of Washington, D.C.
The applications, built end-to-end in just a few days, allow city officials to track and analyze the impact of Covid-19, mobilize the distribution of food and supplies, and communicate with affected residents. To safely reopen businesses, the COVID-19 Hub further supports mayors, governors, and business leaders to help them make data-driven decisions around contact tracing in support of effective “return to work” policies.
The Covid-19 Management Hub was developed using Unqork’s enterprise no-code platform, which enables the configuration of secure software without having to write code. This allowed New York and D.C. to quickly configure new apps with the flexibility to meet rapidly evolving needs.
"In just a few days, the Unqork platform helped us deploy applications to address a wide spectrum of needs — from health impacts, to hunger, to PPE for healthcare workers on the front lines."
- Jessica Tisch, Commissioner of DoITT and CIO for New York City
The Covid-19 Management Hub enables cities and states to:
- Collect. Gather critical information via a secure survey that lets respondents decide what information they want to share. Residents can choose to share information about symptoms, quarantine status, contact with someone who has been infected, location, or demographic information. The data is anonymized, encrypted and secured with robust enterprise-grade security.
- Deliver. The platform can connect residents to a network of licensed taxi drivers and transportation network companies to more efficiently deliver targeted services (food, medicine, PPE, & other essentials) to those in need.
- Communicate. Officials can use the portal to communicate with the public and maintain contact with persons affected by Covid-19. Officials can also provide continuous targeted, automated, and segmented communications about public services via phone, email, text, and other channels.
- Anticipate. Officials can use the portal to digitize contract tracing data, identify hotspots, and aggregate and visualize self-reported data to guide their re-opening decisions.
I’ve seen firsthand the great things that can happen when the public and private sectors work together. There has never been a more important time for user-centric, secure, and adaptable technology solutions to help public servants serve their communities.
"Working with Unqork, we were able to deploy a robust system in under three days. We mobilized quickly by securing our food supply chain and have delivered over 2 million meals to New Yorkers that need them the most, while putting thousands of TLC-licensed drivers back to work."
- Kathryn Garcia, NYC's “Food Czar” and DSNY Commissioner
To find out more about how our technology is better enabling cities to mobilize a response to this public health crisis, please visit: https://www.unqork.com/covid19
Cas Holloway & everyone at Unqork
Head of Public Enterprise, Unqork